Welcome to Goodwill! We’re excited you’re joining us. Your role is critical in helping fulfill our mission of Changing Lives Through the Power of Work! We are dedicated to providing you with information that is important for ensuring a successful start in your new role! Here, everyone and everything matters and we are excited to have you join our team!
You will be receiving an email from ADP Workforce Now that will contain links for you to complete your new hire paperwork electronically, including your Form 1-9, W-4, direct deposit, and policy forms. You’ll also receive an introductory video that will touch on the history of Goodwill, our inclusive culture, and the customer experience we strive to provide.
Together we build community by inspiring, encouraging and supporting each other and those we serve.
PREPARE FOR YOUR FIRST DAY
- Get Directions
- The Goodwill Opportunity Campus is located at 5301 Wilkinson Boulevard in west Charlotte. Take a few minutes to research how long it will take you to arrive. When you arrive, please use the main entrance located at the front of the building.
- Read Our Shared Purpose!
- Our Shared Purpose is how we work as a team, how we behave toward each other and how we expect others to behave toward us. You’ll hear us talk about our Shared Purpose often as we believe it provides us with a guide to being part of a great working environment.
- Watch Our New Team Member Video
- You’re joining an organization with a long history and strong values. This video shows how we started, how we work together to achieve our mission, and our customer experience.
WHAT TO BRING ON YOUR FIRST DAY
- You must bring two forms of identification to verify the Form I-9 as required by the federal government. This can include a U.S. passport, an unexpired driver’s license or state identification card, and your social security card or original (or certified copy with a seal) birth certificate. A full list of acceptable documents can be found here: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Form 1-9 Acceptable Documents lists. Photocopies of these documents are not acceptable.
- Banking information for direct deposit: routing number(s) and account number(s).
- A packed lunch or money to buy lunch. The bistro located at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus is closed, but there are four fast food restaurants within one mile.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR FIRST DAY
Your orientation will begin with a review of your Onboarding Checklist that will provide a roadmap to ensure you have a smooth transition to Goodwill and are equipped with the knowledge and resources to be successful in your role. Your manager will set you up to be able to access the GISP Team Members Onboarding platform which includes a series of virtual training videos that you’ll be required to complete. These trainings include workplace safety, benefits, confidentiality, and more!
RETAIL TEAM MEMBERS ONLY
- What to Wear on Your First Day:
- khaki pants or plain blue jeans (no rips, holes or tears)
- a plain white or plain black shirt (no hooded sweatshirts)
- comfortable closed-toe shoes
- School of Retail Hours:
- Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CONNECT WITH US