- If you’re interested in this program and you live within our service area, fill out our application form then follow the prompts to schedule a virtual appointment.
- If you’re unable to reserve a virtual appointment or would rather meet with one of our team members in person to begin your application process, we also accept walk-ins at all of our career centers.
Goodwill’s free Commercial Carpentry training course is designed to prepare students for an entry-level job in commercial carpentry at a step higher than the typical new hire with limited experience. Key aspects of the program will include metal stud framing, drywall hanging and drywall finishing. Upon successful completion, students will have a firm grasp of general carpentry fundamentals. The ideal graduate will be an excellent candidate for a mentorship/apprenticeship position with an industry professional drywall hanger, finisher or framer.
2023 Training Dates
|Instruction Dates||Instruction Days||Instruction Times|
|March 14 – May 11||T, W, Th||6 – 9:30 p.m.|
|May 23 – July 20||T, W, Th||6 – 9:30 p.m.|
|August 8 – October 5||T, W, Th||6 – 9:30 p.m.|
Goodwill’s Commercial Carpentry training course lasts nine weeks. We offer this course in the evenings to accommodate students who may work during the day.
Requirements for Completion
To successfully complete Goodwill’s Commercial Carpentry training course, you must:
- Have at least an 85% attendance rate
- Achieve a passing score (70%) on all module tests
- Pass the Performance Profile tests for each module
- Complete the practicum (final project) for Carpentry 1
- Complete all activities in Carpentry 2
In order to enroll in Goodwill’s Commercial Carpentry course, you must first successfully complete Goodwill’s Construction Basics course.
Related Career Information
To find out more information about potential careers, trends, wages and benefits for those that complete this course, visit www.onetonline.org.
Launch Your Career
As a participant in one of Goodwill’s intensive training programs, you will be paired with a Career Navigator who will provide comprehensive and accelerated services to prepare you to advance and leverage career readiness and essential skills. They will provide ongoing career coaching activities such as resume development, elevator pitch, mock interviews and more. As you near completion of your training course, you will be connected with a member of the Employer Engagement Team for employment assistance. The Employer Engagement team partners with employers to facilitate employer led trainings, site tours, hiring events, and direct placements into high-paying industry related employment opportunities.