At Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont, we’re committed to serving others with excellence regardless of their background, circumstance, the color of their skin, sexual orientation, gender expression or however they identify. We welcome and celebrate the mosaic of our society and are committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone belongs. We lift as we climb, promote dignity and respect, and value all perspectives by encouraging engagement in courageous conversations to strengthen relationships through the lens of allyship for all.
- Everyone and everything matters
- In challenging the systems that prevent people from achieving the life they envision
- In our responsibility to reinforce and sustain an equitable and inclusive work culture
- In celebrating differences and actively standing against all forms of discrimination
- Self-Identification is the personal freedom to express oneself
- In hiring hearts, not hands
- Diversity of thoughts and beliefs are value-adds
- In belonging, which allows people to bring their whole selves to work
- Each person’s unique experiences bring value and ideas to the table
- In acceptance and the respect for others – not “tolerance”
- Leading with love serves as a foundation for the community
DEIB ADVISORY GROUP
|EVENT||DATE & TIME||LOCATION|
August 20, 1 – 4 p.m.
Good Talks: Health Equity
September 21, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Good Talks: Faith Community & Economic Justice
December 7, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Links to articles
- Our President & CEO’s DEIB Commitment Statement
- Creating an Inclusive Workplace for the Trans Community
- Goodwill Honors the Life and Legacy of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Black Philanthropy Month Spotlight: Shantia Coley
- Black Women’s Equal Pay Day: Closing the Racial and Gender Wage Gap
- Goodwill Industries International CEO’s DEI Pledge
Links to podcasts