ABOUT THE DONATION DRIVE
Join Goodwill and WCNC Charlotte for the Goodwill Day of Giving on Saturday, April 29, from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Goodwill’s Ballantyne – East retail store! At this special donation drive, WCNC Charlotte will broadcast live, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet Larry Sprinkle, WCNC Charlotte’s beloved weatherman.
DONATIONS WE CAN ACCEPT:
- Shoes and fashion accessories
- Collectibles and antiques
- Books, music and movies
- Housewares and home décor
- Household textiles and bedding
- Small Appliances
- Computers and related accessories
- Electronic equipment
- Sports equipment
- Toys and video games
- Flat-panel televisions (working or non-working)
DONATIONS WE CAN’T ACCEPT:
- Mattresses and box springs
- Bed pillows
- Hazardous, flammable or toxic materials
- Children’s car seats or drop-side cribs
- Non-flat screen TVs
- Items that have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
HOW YOUR DONATIONS DO GOOD
We’ll sell the donations we receive from this special event in our retail stores and online, and use the revenue to fund career training courses, job search support, family stability services and more – all of which we offer free of charge to thousands of people in our community each year. Last year, your donations and purchases allowed us to help more than 7,000 people in our community advance their careers and improve their lives.
Plus, when you donate to Goodwill, you’re helping more than our community – you’re helping our planet too! More than 17 million donated items were given a second life through your local Goodwill just last year.
If you can’t make it to the Goodwill Day of Giving, don’t worry! Goodwill accepts donations every day at its 31 retail stores and seven drop-off locations.
Join the Conversation