New & Improved Location
Goodwill is closing its current retail store in Shelby and opening a new and improved one right down the road at 1005 East Dixon Boulevard on Friday, August 26.
The new location is significantly larger than the original one, as it’s a former Lidl. You can expect a traditional shopping experience, but with some new added features including a café in partnership with a local business, a rentable community room and an entire electronics and gaming section hosted by our tech store, The GRID.
About Grand Opening Day
On Friday, August 26, at 10 a.m., come to the grand opening of our relocated Shelby store! Enjoy a variety of festivities during its first day open to the public:
- The first 100 shoppers will receive a free reusable tote bag.
- We’ll offer coffee and donuts to people waiting in line.
- King of Pops will be on-site from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. You can spin our prize wheel to win a free King of Pops popsicle and other prizes.
- Throughout grand opening day, we’ll hide “golden ticket” gift cards, ranging from $5 – $20, for people to find in the store and use when they want.
Old Location Moving Sale
Since we’re closing our original store in Shelby, located at 445 Earl Road, we need to clear its inventory and will be hosting a moving sale.
- From August 16 – 19, everything will be 25% off at the original Shelby store (while supplies last).
- Then, from August 20 – 23, the sale will increase to 50% off everything at the original store (again, while supplies last). August 23 is the last day the original store will be open.
Great Finds That Do Good
Like all of our retail stores, the money we make selling donated goods at our new Shelby store will fund career training courses, job search support, family stability services, and more – all of which we offer free of charge to thousands of people in our community each year.
Join the Conversation