WHAT IS PATHWAYS?
Pathways is a coaching program designed to support Goodwill’s retail team members in achieving their professional development and personal goals. Team members have the opportunity to work with a Career Navigator, who acts as a personal coach, to assess their current needs and skills, explore options for educational and career advancement, and work on an action plan to achieve their goals.
Coaches help people grow faster, perform at higher levels, understand themselves more deeply and live with greater purpose. In the same way that a personal trainer helps a pro athlete maximize performance, a personal coach can help you get the most out of life. The biggest surprise for those who haven’t been coached before is that your coach isn’t there to give you advice. Instead, your coach will ask you powerful coaching questions that will help you examine the things in life that matter most, from new angles. Your coach won’t give you solutions; instead, they’ll help you solve your own problems. By using every situation to build your capabilities, our coaching sessions will help prepare you to conquer different challenges you may face in the future.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
Full- and part-time retail team members who:
- Want to advance in their professional and personal lives
- Are committed to partnering with a Career Navigator/coach to:
- Establish personal and professional S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Take action steps toward their goals
- Meet with their Career Navigator/coach during paid time
- Spend unpaid time on “homework”
- Will hold themselves accountable for their personal growth
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
With the support of a Career Navigator/coach, Pathways participants will develop the confidence and skills to pursue the next steps to achieve their personal and professional goals. Examples include:
- Education goals
- Long- and short-term financial goals
- Career-advancement goals
- Access to skills-assessment tools, career exploration, skill matching action planning and referrals to support services
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
The Pathways Career Navigator/coach will work with and alongside the participant and provide support, encouragement and celebrate their successes. Over a six-month period, and depending upon individual needs, we anticipate a minimum of eight hours of one-on-one paid time with the Career Navigator/coach, plus unpaid time for homework, which includes completing the online skills assessment, using career-exploration tools, and researching opportunities for educational, career and personal advancement.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
- Complete, sign and submit the Pathways Opt-In Agreement (PDF or DocuSign)
- A Career Navigator/coach will contact you to set up a meeting to discuss your goals
- You will receive access to skills-assessment and career-mapping online tools
- Your Career Navigator/coach will set up a meeting schedule for following up on your action plan
If you would like more information about the Pathways program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you can check out our Pathways FAQs or our Pathways flyer. To access the Opt-Out form, please click on one of the following links (PDF or DocuSign).