WHAT IS PATHWAYS?
Pathways is designed to support Goodwill’s retail team members in achieving their professional development and personal goals. Team members have the opportunity to work with a Career Navigator, who acts as a personal coach, to assess current needs and skills, explore options for educational and career advancement, and work on an action plan to achieve goals.
Coaches help people grow faster, perform at higher levels, understand themselves more deeply, and live with greater purpose. In the same way that a personal trainer helps a pro athlete maximize performance, a personal coach can help you get the most out of life.
The biggest surprise for those who haven’t been coached before is that your coach isn’t there to give you advice. Instead, your coach will ask you powerful questions that will help you examine things from new angles. Your coach also won’t give you solutions; instead, they’ll help you solve your own problems.
By using every situation to build your capabilities, coaching sessions will help prepare you to conquer the different kinds of challenges you may face in the future.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
Full- and part-time retail team members who:
- Want to advance in their professional and personal lives
- Are committed to partnering with a Career Navigator/coach to:
- Establish personal and professional SMART goals
- Take action steps toward their goals
- Will hold themselves accountable for their personal growth
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Your Pathways Career Navigator will provide support, encouragement, and celebrate your successes. With their support, you’ll develop the skills and confidence to pursue the next steps to achieve your personal and professional goals.
Examples of goals include:
- Education goals
- Career-advancement goals
- Long- and short-term financial goals
You’ll also have access to:
- An online skills assessment tool
- Referrals to support services
WHAT’S THE TIME COMMITMENT?
The time commitment really depends on your goals – some goals may take longer, have more action steps along the way, and more frequent meetings with your Career Navigator. Whatever your goal, your time will be a mix of meeting with your Career Navigator and your own time for researching opportunities for educational, career, and personal advancement.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
1. f you would like to enroll in or find out more information about the Pathways program, please fill out the form below or download our Pathways flyer.
2. A Career Navigator will contact you to set up an initial meeting.
3. You will complete, sign and submit the Pathways Opt-In Agreement.
4. Your Career Navigator will work with you to set up a meeting schedule for action planning and follow up.
If you have any questions or want more information about Goodwill’s Pathways program, please fill out the form above and someone on our Pathways team will reach out to you soon.