The coronavirus pandemic has changed the world we live in. As we begin to reopen our stores and donation centers, we want to ensure you that keeping our team members, shoppers and donors safe is our top priority. In order to do so, we’ve made a lot of changes to our store operations, shopping procedures and safety protocols. Here are 11 changes you may notice as you shop and donate at Goodwill:
- Floor graphics direct the flow of store traffic and encourage social distancing while you wait in line to check out.
- Sneeze guards are located at each register.
- Yellow tape marks six-foot spaces outside of our stores for those that may be waiting to enter due to occupancy restrictions.
- A greeter disinfects our shopping carts and counts customers in and out to ensure we maintain current occupancy mandates.
- Our fitting rooms are temporarily closed.
- We continue to accept your returns and will quarantine them for 72 hours prior to putting them on the sales floor.
- We continue to accept your donations via carts to encourage social distancing and will quarantine them for 72 hours prior to putting them on the sales floor. If you would like a donation receipt but don’t want to grab it directly from the donation processor (who will be wearing a mask and gloves), ask them to leave it in your trunk or backseat.
- Our restrooms and breakrooms are stocked with hand soap, working hand dryers and/or paper towels; and all high-touch areas like door handles are cleaned every hour.
- Our team members are wearing masks and gloves.
- Our team members have completed safety training and must complete a safety check in prior to each shift.
- Tuesdays from 9 – 10 a.m. are reserved exclusively for seniors and those with underlying medical conditions to shop.
If you have any questions about our new safety protocols, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your support!