Volunteering can help you learn or develop a new skill, offer a way to really become involved in your community (whether you’re a native or a newbie), give you a sense of achievement, is a great way to meet new people, and can even boost your career options or help build up your resume!
We’re always seeking volunteers at Goodwill, to help us in a variety of ways. Here are just a few ideas:
- Volunteer with our Youth Job Connection. YJC volunteers help by offering course instruction, assisting instructors, greeting/showing youth to their classrooms, or help youth create resumes.
- Be a mentor in our GoodGuides program, and help at-risk youth finish school, build career plans and skills, and prepare for their futures.
- Volunteer with our Occupational Skills Training program, where volunteers do everything from mock interviews and evaluations to teaching workshops, offering job counseling and mentoring, and serve as job coaches.
- Join our Business Advisory Council, and help us select criteria for our training programs, review applications, interview candidates, and define the coursework for our programs.
- Have a group who wants to get involved? We work with churches, civic groups, schools, scout troops and neighborhood organizations to create donation drives and other community service projects.
Click the links for more details about various ways to volunteer with Goodwill, or click here to fill out a general volunteer application online.