NOW OPEN FOR SELECT IN-PERSON SERVICES BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- Our Career Centers in Charlotte and Gastonia are now open for the following services by appointment: computer access, resume review, job search support, class enrollment, meeting with a career navigator to discuss our service offerings, and basic needs support.
- If you are already registered with Goodwill:
- If you are NOT already registered with Goodwill:
- Start the registration process by completing our intake form.
CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER
- Check your SPAM folder for emails from Goodwill (goodwillsp.org). If you find emails from goodwillsp.org in your SPAM folder, mark them as safe to ensure future emails from us are delivered to your email inbox.
Goodwill provides a variety of programs and specialized services that assess and identify an individual’s abilities, job readiness skills and training needs, while offering individual assistance from Goodwill team members. Participation is based on referrals from the Department of Social Services (DSS). These programs are designed for those who desire employment and would benefit from additional skills to be successful on the job.
Department of Social Services (DSS)
RISE 2 WORK (FNS Employment and Training Program):
Rise 2 Work is a federal program meant to support employment and training (E&T) activities to increase FNS recipients’ skills, careers and ultimately their families’ financial well-being. The RISE 2 Work Program in Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services offers:
- E&T social workers who provide guidance, resources and referrals to employment and skill-building programs
- And through Goodwill Industries and other partner agencies: occupational skills trainings and certifications, job search support, high school completion, computer and other skills training programs, work experience and volunteer opportunities, job readiness services, resume building, career planning, assistance with transportation for participation in the job programs and more. For more information regarding the FNS E&T Program, please visit a Goodwill Career Center.