- Due to directives announced by the Mecklenburg County Public Health Director, our services will be physically closed and we will be offering them virtually only until February 2.
- Our virtual services include registration, enrolling in one of our virtual training courses, basic needs assistance, job seeker support, resume development, and referrals to partners and other services.
- To get started with our virtual services, email VirtualCareerResources@goodwillsp.org, or make a virtual appointment.
Important Information: Virtual Services Only
Goodwill provides a variety of programs and specialized services that assess and identify an individual’s abilities, job readiness skills and training needs, while offering individual assistance from Goodwill team members. Participation is based on referrals from the Department of Social Services (DSS). These programs are designed for those who desire employment and would benefit from additional skills to be successful on the job.
Department of Social Services (DSS)
Rise 2 Work is a federal program meant to support employment and training (E&T) activities to increase FNS recipients’ skills, careers and ultimately their families’ financial well-being. The RISE 2 Work Program in Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services offers:
- E&T social workers who provide guidance, resources and referrals to employment and skill-building programs
- And through Goodwill Industries and other partner agencies: occupational skills trainings and certifications, job search support, high school completion, computer and other skills training programs, work experience and volunteer opportunities, job readiness services, resume building, career planning, assistance with transportation for participation in the job programs and more. For more information regarding the FNS E&T Program, please visit a Job Connection.