- Effective March 23, 2020, our services will be offered exclusively online and by phone until further notice.
- To learn more about our services, email VirtualCareerResources@goodwillsp.org or call 704-372-3434.
- People wanting to access our services must fill out this client application. Please take a moment to do so now!
Goodwill provides a variety of programs and specialized services that assess and identify an individual’s abilities, job readiness skills and training needs, while offering individual assistance from Goodwill team members. Participation is based on referrals from the Department of Social Services (DSS). These programs are designed for those who desire employment and would benefit from additional skills to be successful on the job.
Department of Social Services (DSS)
Rise 2 Work is a federal program meant to support employment and training (E&T) activities to increase FNS recipients’ skills, careers and ultimately their families’ financial well-being. The RISE 2 Work Program in Mecklenburg County Department of Social Services offers:
- E&T social workers who provide guidance, resources and referrals to employment and skill-building programs
- And through Goodwill Industries and other partner agencies: occupational skills trainings and certifications, job search support, high school completion, computer and other skills training programs, work experience and volunteer opportunities, job readiness services, resume building, career planning, assistance with transportation for participation in the job programs and more. For more information regarding the FNS E&T Program, please visit a Job Connection.