Would having an industry-recognized certification in Microsoft Excel help boost your career? Goodwill’s advanced Microsoft Excel Certification course is a free training course that covers the ins and outs of Microsoft Excel and prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate certification exam. This Microsoft Excel Certification course, which we refer to as “Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel,” is a hybrid training course, meaning parts are virtual while others are in person. The course is designed with lectures, hands-on exercises and a final certification preparation activity. In this course, you will learn to:
- Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
- Manage data cells and ranges
- Create tables
- Perform operations with formulas and functions
- Create charts
2021 Training Dates
|Enrollment Period||Assessment Deadline||Training Dates|
|Now – September 24||* October 1||October 5 – November 5|
*You must pass an Excel assessment in order to be officially enrolled in this course.
Goodwill’s Microsoft Excel Certification course lasts five weeks. Class meets Tuesday – Friday from 1 – 3 p.m. Weeks 1 – 3 are class instruction, Week 4 is general practice assessments and Week 5 is the final Microsoft Excel assessment.
Upon passing the exam that’s given at the end of the advanced Microsoft Excel Certification course, students will earn the Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate certification. This industry-recognized certification demonstrates competency in the fundamentals of Excel at an associate level and that you are ready to enter into the job market and complete tasks in Excel independently.
Goodwill’s Microsoft Excel Certification course is an advanced course, so previous hands-on experience with the Microsoft Excel program and/or taking and passing Goodwill’s beginner Microsoft training course is highly recommended.
- Wi-Fi for internet access
- A computer/laptop/tablet (a cell phone is not sufficient to access course materials)
- Webcam and microphone to participate in course exercises and discussions
Don’t Have Access to the Above Technology?
- Notify a Goodwill team member upon registration to reserve space at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus to utilize our available technology
- Or click here to get connected with Digital Charlotte, an organization that assists people in Mecklenburg County with signing up for affordable internet service and purchasing affordable technology
Related Career Information
To find out more information about potential careers, trends, wages and benefits for those that complete this course, visit www.onetonline.org.
Job Search Support
As a participant in one of Goodwill’s training courses, you’ll have access to a Career Navigator who can help you with your resume and interview skills. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with our Employer Engagement Team, who can help you find and secure employment.
If you are interested in taking this course and…