Would having an industry-recognized certification in Microsoft Excel help boost your career? Goodwill’s Microsoft Excel Certification course is a free eight-week training course that covers the ins and outs of Microsoft Excel and prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate certification exam. This Microsoft Excel Certification course, which we refer to as “Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel,” is a hybrid training course, meaning parts are virtual while others are in person. The course is designed with lectures, hands-on exercises and a final certification preparation activity. In this course, you will learn to:
- Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
- Manage data cells and ranges
- Create tables
- Perform operations with formulas and functions
- Create charts
2021 Training Dates
|Enrollment Period||Training Dates||Class Meets|
|Now through April 30||May 18 – July 8||Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
|July 12 – July 30||August 17 – October 7||Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
|September 20 – October 8||October 26 – December 16||Tuesdays & Thursdays, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
Goodwill’s Microsoft Excel Certification course lasts eight weeks. Class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. In weeks 1 – 5, class meets virtually via Zoom. In weeks 6 – 8, class meets in person at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus.
Upon passing the exam that’s given at the end of the Microsoft Excel Certification course, students will earn the Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate certification. This industry-recognized certification demonstrates competency in the fundamentals of Excel at an associate level and that you are ready to enter into the job market and complete tasks in Excel independently.
Goodwill’s Microsoft Excel Certification course is an advanced course, so previous hands-on experience with the Microsoft Excel program and/or taking and passing Goodwill’s general Microsoft training course is highly recommended.
- Wi-Fi for internet access
- A computer/laptop/tablet (a cell phone is not sufficient to access course materials)
- Webcam and microphone to participate in course exercises and discussions
Don’t Have Access to the Above Technology
- Notify a Goodwill team member upon registration to reserve space at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus to utilize our available technology
- Or click here to get connected with Digital Charlotte, an organization that assists people in Mecklenburg County with signing up for affordable internet service and purchasing affordable technology
If you are interested in taking this course and…