In Goodwill’s free CompTIA A+ training course, which we call our “IT Help Desk A+” training course, you will prepare for the CompTIA A+ exam, which is the industry-standard certification for launching IT careers and is trusted by employers around the world. In Goodwill’s CompTIA A+ training course, you will learn how to:
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS
- Administer client-based and cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods, and apply data storage and management best practices
- Carry out operational procedures by following best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
2021 Training Dates
|Registration Period||Assessments||Interviews||Training Dates|
|May 17 – June 11||May 17 – June 20||June 28 – July 30||August 9 – October 29|
Goodwill’s CompTIA A+ training course lasts 12 weeks. Class meets virtually from 6 – 9 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays for a total of nine hours each week.
Goodwill’s free CompTIA A+ training course targets the CompTIA A+ certification and includes two vouchers for taking the exam(s).
In order to take Goodwill’s CompTIA A+ training course, you must have a high school diploma or GED. In order to apply to this course, you must complete an assessment and go through a selection process.
If you are interested in taking this course and…