Goodwill’s Forklift/OSHA training program is a free five-day course that assists individuals with entry-level employment into the manufacturing, transportation and warehouse industries. The classes at Goodwill, taught by National Safety Council of North Carolina certified instructors, also include an OSHA-10 safety class.
Become Forklift Certified for the Manufacturing, Transportation and Warehouse Industry.
The program provides an overview of OSHA and NIOSH and hands-on instruction in lift truck design, vehicle safety inspection, moving with and without a load, and picking up and stacking a load. Special conditions involving trailers, ramps, elevators, and pedestrian safety are also addressed. All training is free of charge for Goodwill clients.
The course utilizes training videos, participant workbooks, and standardized testing for the classroom instruction and a final driving test. Successful class completion results in a three-year renewable NC General Industry Forklift certification and OSHA-10 safety card.
- Course takes only one week
- OSHA-10 hour card
- Delivered by Safety and Health Council of NC certified instructor
- NC General Industry Forklift certification good for three years
- Computer Basics
- Resume Writing
FREE HANDS-ON TRAINING:
- Lift truck design
- Vehicle safety inspection
- First-hand driving experience
- Moving, lifting and stacking practice
- Trailer, ramp, elevator and pedestrian safety
- Non-operator safety for those who work around lift trucks
- Training setup and equipment
- Résumé development
- Professionalism development
- Interviewing techniques
- Presentation skills
- Networking and career search strategies
COURSE TIME & REGISTRATION DATES:
Classes run Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
|Orientation||Class Begins||Class Ends|
|January 9||January 13|
|February 13||February 17|
|March 20||March 24|
|April 17||April 21|
|May 22||May 26|
|June 12||June 16|
|August 14||August 18|
|September 11||September 15|
|October 16||October 20|
|December 4||December 8|
If registration has passed please check back later by visiting this page &/or call (704) 372-3434 to learn about when future classes will be available.