In Goodwill’s free Customer Service training course, students will learn how to excel at customer service by building rapport, addressing customer needs, making customers feel heard and maintaining great relationships. Goodwill’s Customer Service training course, which we refer to as “Customer Service Excellence,” also focuses on developing customer service problem-solving skills and de-escalating challenging situations.
In Goodwill’s free Customer Service training course, you’ll receive access to a self-paced e-learning path from LinkedIn Learning. Each day after independently reviewing the videos, you’ll join the virtual classroom via Zoom to practice and apply the skills and techniques using group exercises and discussions.
2021 Training Dates
Goodwill’s Customer Service training course will begin on June 7 and July 12. More dates to come!
Goodwill’s Customer Service training course meets virtually Monday – Thursday from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. for two weeks (8 days in total, 4 hours each day).
Upon completion of Goodwill’s Customer Service training course, you’ll earn a LinkedIn Certificate for “Becoming a Customer Service Specialist,” to showcase on your LinkedIn Profile, as well as a Goodwill University Certificate of Completion.
In order to take Goodwill’s Customer Service training course, you must have a high school diploma or GED. Prior to enrolling, we highly suggest you complete our Professional Development Bootcamp which includes Tips for Creating a Professional Resume, Professional Networking, LinkedIn Essentials, Interview Skills, and Tips for Online & Virtual Interviewing.
- Wi-Fi for internet access
- A computer/laptop/tablet (a cell phone is not sufficient to access course materials)
- Webcam and microphone to participate in course exercises and discussions
Don’t Have Access to the Above Technology
- Notify a Goodwill team member upon registration to reserve space at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus to utilize our available technology
- Or click here to get connected with Digital Charlotte, an organization that assists people in Mecklenburg County with signing up for affordable internet service and purchasing affordable technology
If you are interested in taking this course and…