Customer, Administrative & Business Services Training
This free three-week program places strong emphasis on developing soft skills including communication, problem solving, analytical thinking, self-management and teamwork. Trainees will also learn typing technique, resume enhancement skills and Microsoft Office applications. Trainees are prepared to obtain positions in areas including customer service, call centers, administrative support and financial services. All training is free of charge for Goodwill clients.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Microsoft Word Basic
- Resume Writing
- Interview Skills
HOW TO REGISTER:
To enroll in a training program, come to the Goodwill Opportunity Campus so that you can meet one-on-one with a specialist who can help you get started. You don’t need an appointment – simply show up whenever it’s convenient for you.
Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
|Class Begins||Class Ends|
|January 7, 2019||January 25, 2019|
|February 4, 2019||February 22, 2019|
|March 4, 2019||March 22, 2019|
|April 1, 2019||April 19, 2019|
|May 6, 2019||May 24, 2019|
|June 3, 2019||June 21, 2019|
|July 8, 2019||July 26, 2019|
|August 5, 2019||August 23, 2019|
|September 9, 2019||September 27, 2019|
|October 7, 2019||October 25, 2019|
|November 4, 2019||November 22, 2019|
For more information, please call (704) 372-3434 or download our Customer, Administrative & Business Services Training flyer.
Call Center Training
This free six-week program – taught by Generation in partnership with the Charlotte Executive Leadership Council (CELC), Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont and Charlotte Works – trains students as call center representatives. Students will learn how to deliver an exemplary customer experience, tools for stress management and workplace professionalism. The program will also support the development of skills related to product knowledge, upselling and cross-selling, and positive communication with customers.
- Paid training – students receive a weekly stipend
- Upon completion of the course, students will have the opportunity to interview with employer partners including Atrium Health, Bank of America, Duke Energy, Novant Health, Wells Fargo and Coca-Cola Consolidated
- Help from career coaches for better resumes and interview preparation
- Development of the soft skills employers are seeking such as professionalism, customer service, preparedness and motivation
- Mecklenburg County resident – due to funding regulations, this course is open to Mecklenburg County residents only
- 18 years of age and older
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6th grade level on TABE
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug test
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested applicants should attend an information session at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus, located at 5301 Wilkinson Boulevard in west Charlotte. Upcoming information sessions will be announced soon.
- Program applicants will participate in a number of assessments and eligibility processes to qualify for intake into this program. This project is partly supported by a WIOA grant, and participants must qualify for WIOA. You can register for an intake appointment at the information session.
- Please be sure you bring all of the documentation necessary for WIOA to your intake appointment. Click here to download a WIOA checklist to ensure you don’t forget anything.
Call Center Training classes are held Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus.