This free five-week program – taught by Generation in partnership with the Charlotte Executive Leadership Council (CELC), Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont and Charlotte Works – trains students as call center representatives. Students will learn how to deliver an exemplary customer experience, tools for stress management and workplace professionalism. The program will also support the development of skills related to product knowledge, upselling and cross-selling, and positive communication with customers.
- Paid training – students receive a weekly stipend
- Upon completion of the course, students will have the opportunity to interview with employer partners including Atrium Health, Bank of America, Duke Energy, Novant Health, Wells Fargo and Coca-Cola Consolidated
- Help from career coaches for better resumes and interview preparation
- Development of the soft skills employers are seeking such as professionalism, customer service, preparedness and motivation
How to Apply:
- We are holding an information session at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus on Tuesday, August 28, at 5:30 p.m. for those interested in applying to the Call Center Training program.
- Program applicants will participate in a number of assessments and eligibility processes to qualify for intake into this program. This project is partly supported by a WIOA grant, and participants must qualify for WIOA. Intake appointments will be held at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus on Tuesday, September 4, Wednesday, September 5 and Thursday, September 6 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. You can register for an intake appointment at the information session on August 28. If you can’t attend the information session, you can drop in for an intake appointment but may have to wait until a spot opens up.
- Please be sure you bring all of the documentation necessary for WIOA to your intake appointment. Click here to download a WIOA checklist to ensure you don’t forget anything.
- Mecklenburg County resident – due to funding regulations, this course is open to Mecklenburg County residents only
- 18 years of age and older
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6th grade level on TABE
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug test
Call Center Training classes are held Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus.
|Class Begins||Class Ends|
|September 17, 2018||October 19, 2018|