Goodwill University is designed to realize modern free learning opportunities for Goodwill clients and team members alike. Additional services are integrated into Goodwill University’s curriculum to ensure equal access to critical skills development necessary for family-sustaining employment and personal growth. Click the links below to learn more about our training programs.
- Customer, Administrative and Business Services – Participants receive hands-on training in communication, typing technique, customer interaction, and administrative skills.
- Construction Skills – From reading a blueprint to operating power tools, participants gain knowledge and skills necessary to obtain a position in the construction industry.
- Forklift/OSHA 10 – The program provides hands-on instruction in lift truck design, vehicle safety inspection, moving with and without a load, and picking up and stacking a load.
- Information Technology (IT) – Our IT Training programs teach participants the technology and digital skills that are highly valuable and sought after in today’s workplace.
- Call Center – This training program will train participants as call center representatives. Students will learn about customer service, tools for stress management and workplace professionalism.
- Microsoft Office Specialist – Word – This certification is intended for: students, clerical workers, instructors, and other individuals who would like to expand and prove their computer skills by earning a Microsoft Certification.
- Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel – Participants will learn the fundamentals of creating and managing worksheets and workbooks, creating cells and ranges, creating tables, applying formulas and functions, and creating charts and objects. This course is offered in the evenings.
- Computer Training – Participants of all levels gain comprehensive computer skills needed for career growth, including software basics, typing and social networking.