- Effective August 10, 2020, the Job Resource Centers at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus in Charlotte and the Gastonia Job Connection are open for self-serve computer use for job seekers to look and apply for jobs by appointment only. To make an appointment in Charlotte, click here. To make an appointment in Gastonia, click here.
- If you’re looking for a different service – like getting help with your resume, receiving job seeker support, or enrolling in one of our online classes – you can still do so virtually! To get started with our virtual services, email VirtualCareerResources@goodwillsp.org, or make a virtual appointment if you’re a Mecklenburg County resident or non-Mecklenburg County resident.
Goodwill does more than just help people find jobs. Our programs and services are designed to identify and build upon your work skills and interests to help you pursue family-sustaining employment. In 2019, Goodwill assisted more than 11,850 individuals with resources and support thanks to donations and purchases from the community.
Our services are particularly effective for people who are:
- Unemployed or underemployed;
- Planning for a second career;
- Transitioning from the military back into civilian life;
- Facing barriers to employment such as mental or physical disabilities, lack of education or work experience, criminal background or welfare dependency.
With skilled professionals ready to assist you with your job search, Goodwill tailors its services to your needs, work history and career goals. We provide intensive career development services, job connection centers and on-the-job training programs to help you land a job and succeed in today’s changing workforce.
A few ways we can jump start your job search include:
- Resume development
- Job training
- Career counseling
- Computer basics overview
- Networking support
- Interviewing tips