Sherwin-Williams has partnered with Goodwill to help you kick start a career in painting. The free 10-day Sherwin-Williams Pro Painters Institute Painter Training Program is designed to lay the foundation for you to develop marketable skills, learn a trade and make a living wage, and it’s an outstanding opportunity for people of any background.
Classes will be held Monday, September 18 – Friday, September 29, and will run Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This unique, FREE program offers:
- 5 days of trade-specific classroom training
- 6 days of hands-on development sessions
- Demonstrations and interactive learning
- Resume building and interviewing skills training
- Sherwin-Williams contractor job fair with contractors who are hiring new painters
- Contractor testimonials luncheon
- Presentations from industry experts like 3M, Werner, Graco, Titan, Purdy and more
- Classroom materials and painting tools/supplies will be provided
- Lunch will be provided daily
Class size is limited. The registration deadline is Monday, September 11, and class orientation is on Tuesday, September 12.
In order to sign up for the Sherwin-Williams Pro Painters Institute, participants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have no current legal restrictions or history of felonies
- Pass a drug test
For more information and to register for the program, visit the Goodwill Opportunity Campus at 5301 Wilkinson Boulevard in west Charlotte or call Beth Carpenter at (704) 916-1617.