We understand that Goodwill’s training courses may not cover everything you want to learn. With these other online learning resources, you can upskill, refresh your knowledge, or find something completely new to help you develop both professionally and personally.
Other Online Learning Resources
- GCFLearnFree.org is free for everyone and offers more than 200 topics, 7,000 lessons, 1,000 videos and 50 interactives and games.
- Topics include:
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Google: Google Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Work and Career: Business Communications
- Core Skills: Math, Reading, Grammar
- Skills for Today: Decision Making, Personal Finance, Adapting to Change
- Click here to explore the GCFLearnFree.org site.
- Click here to explore the GCFLearnFree YouTube Channel.
2. LINKEDIN LEARNING
- LinkedIn Learning is an online educational site that includes more than 3,000 courses (and more than 130,000 videos). Courses fall into three categories: business, creative and technology.
- Normally, using LinkedIn Learning requires a paid subscription, but Charlotte Mecklenburg Library cardholders can access LinkedIn Learning content free with their library card number following these instructions.
- Click here to find out more about getting a virtual Mecklenburg Library card.
3. READ CHARLOTTE
- Read Charlotte has worked with community partners to curate this list of resources to help families keep learning alive at home for children from Pre-K-12th grade amid school closures due to the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Coursera collaborates with leading universities and companies to provide affordable, as well as free online courses to help people learn skills, get ready for a career, or earn a certificate or degree.
5. DIGITAL CHARLOTTE
- In an effort to continue to support the digital and media literacy skill development of the community, Digital Charlotte has launched open office hours via phone or Zoom meetings. Community members will have an opportunity to ask basic to intermediate computer and internet skills questions and receive support from a facilitator.
- Open office hours will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. from Monday, April 27 – Monday, June 7.
- Both English and Spanish speaking facilitators will be available for questions.
- Community members do not need to sign up to participate.
- Participants may join and leave the Zoom meeting at any time during the two-hour window.
- For more information and how to join the online office hours, click here.