- If you’re interested in this program and you live within our service area, fill out our application form then follow the prompts to schedule a virtual appointment.
- If you’re unable to reserve a virtual appointment or would rather meet with one of our team members in person to begin your application process, we also accept walk-ins at all of our career centers.
Would having an industry-recognized certification in Microsoft Excel help boost your career? Goodwill’s advanced Microsoft Excel Certification course is a free training course that covers the ins and outs of Microsoft Excel and prepares you for the Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate certification exam. This Microsoft Excel Certification course, which we refer to as “Microsoft Office Specialist – Excel,” is a virtual training course that provides participants with approximately 150 hours of lectures, hands-on exercises, check-your-work videos, self-guided studies (MOS Excel study guide), online practice materials and mock exams. In this course, you will learn to:
- Create and manage worksheets and workbooks
- Manage data cells and ranges
- Create tables
- Perform operations with formulas and functions
- Create charts
2023 Training Dates
|Application Period||Training Dates||Class Time||Delivery|
|Closed||May 16 – June 23||1:30 – 3:30 p.m.||Instructor Led (Virtual)|
|Closed||August 15 – September 22||1:30 – 3:30 p.m.||Instructor Led (Virtual)|
|Closed||October 17 – November 22||1:30 – 3:30 p.m.||Instructor Led (Virtual)|
Goodwill’s Microsoft Excel Certification course lasts six weeks (approximately 25 hours per week). Class meets virtually Tuesday – Friday from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Weeks 1 – 3 are lectures and hands-on activities. Weeks 4 – 6 include Microsoft’s online practice materials and mock exams. In Week 7, participants will have the option to take the final Microsoft Excel exam.
Upon passing the exam that’s given at the end of the advanced Microsoft Excel Certification course, participants will earn the Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel Associate certification. This industry-recognized certification demonstrates competency in the fundamentals of Excel at an associate level and that you are ready to enter into the job market and complete tasks in Excel independently. Microsoft suggests that successful candidates commit to approximately 150 hours of preparation for the exam.
Goodwill’s Microsoft Excel Certification course is an advanced course. Therefore, to ensure you are prepared to embark upon this six-week course, candidates must take and pass a Microsoft Excel assessment. Having at least six months of consistent hands-on experience using Microsoft Excel and/or taking Goodwill’s beginner Microsoft training course best prepares candidates to take the required assessment.
- Internet/Wi-Fi access
- A computer/laptop/tablet (a cell phone is not sufficient to access course materials)
- Webcam and microphone to participate in course exercises and discussions
- Microsoft Excel program (MS 2016 or later)
Don’t Have Access to the Above Technology?
- Notify a Goodwill team member upon registration to reserve space at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus to utilize our available technology
- Or click here to get connected with Digital Charlotte, an organization that assists people in Mecklenburg County with signing up for affordable internet service and purchasing affordable technology
Related Career Information
To find out more information about potential careers, trends, wages and benefits for those that complete this course, visit www.onetonline.org.
Launch Your Career
As a participant in one of Goodwill’s intensive training programs, you will be paired with a Career Navigator who will provide comprehensive and accelerated services to prepare you to advance and leverage career readiness and essential skills. They will provide ongoing career coaching activities such as resume development, elevator pitch, mock interviews and more. As you near completion of your training course, you will be connected with a member of the Employer Engagement Team for employment assistance. The Employer Engagement team partners with employers to facilitate employer led trainings, site tours, hiring events, and direct placements into high-paying industry related employment opportunities.