Goodwill’s free Microsoft Essentials training course will teach you the ins and outs of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint – three systems many hiring employers want their candidates to know how to use. Goodwill’s Microsoft Essentials training course, which we call “Microsoft Essentials for Business,” is an instructor-led virtual training class designed with lectures, daily exercises and a final project integrating all three productivity tools – Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. Upon successful completion, students will earn a Microsoft Essentials for Business Certificate of Completion. In this course, you will learn to:
- Master Microsoft Word from beginner to advanced
- Format documents effectively
- Apply various page layout techniques
- Prepare documents for printing
- Build a solid understanding of the basics of Microsoft Excel
- Use the most common Excel functions used in the office
- Create a business presentation
- Minimize text quantity on presentations by using graphs and images
Upcoming Training Dates
|Registration & Assessment Period
||August 2 – 19
|Now – August 26
||September 6 – 23
|August 29 – September 23
||October 4 – 21
|September 26 – October 21
||November 1 – 18
Goodwill’s Microsoft training course lasts three weeks. Class meets virtually Tuesday – Friday from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Upon successful completion of Goodwill’s Microsoft training course, students will earn a Microsoft Essentials for Business Certificate of Completion.
Prior to enrolling in Goodwill’s Microsoft training course, you must pass a Basic Computer Skills assessment. Having basic computer skills – including the ability to navigate between applications, use a keyboard, manipulate a mouse and navigate the internet – will set you up for success with this course.
Prepare for Training
Access Free Online Learning at GCFGlobal and Northstar Digital Literacy to practice Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and to develop other computer skills needed for the training.
- Wi-Fi for internet access
- A computer/laptop/tablet (a cell phone is not sufficient to access course materials)
- Webcam and microphone to participate in course exercises and discussions
Don’t Have Access to the Above Technology?
- Notify a Goodwill team member upon registration to reserve space at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus to utilize our available technology
- Or click here to get connected with Digital Charlotte, an organization that assists people in Mecklenburg County with signing up for affordable internet service and purchasing affordable technology
Related Career Information
To find out more information about potential careers, trends, wages and benefits for those that complete this course, visit www.onetonline.org.
Job Search Support
As a participant in one of Goodwill’s training courses, you’ll have access to a Career Navigator who can help you with your resume and interview skills. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with our Employer Engagement Team, who can help you find and secure employment.
If you are interested in taking this course, you live within our 18-county territory in the Carolinas and…
If you have already completed Goodwill’s intake process:
If you have NOT already completed Goodwill’s intake process:
- Step 1: Complete our intake form.
- Step 2: Make an appointment
We also accept walk-ins at all of our career centers.
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions about our training courses, complete our training inquiry form, and someone on our team will be in touch with you soon!