Do you dream of owning your own business? Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset but don’t really know where to start in making your business dreams a reality? Then Goodwill and ASPIRE Community Capital‘s Entrepreneurship training course – which we call the Business Readiness Program – may be the perfect fit for you! This six-week, virtual course offers foundational training for how to start a small business and covers topics like financials, marketing and mindset. The curriculum is designed to support both potential and existing minority/women/small business owners in the construction and trade industry.
Upcoming Training Dates
|Virtual Info Sessions||Course Dates|
Tuesday, August 9, 10 a.m.
Wednesday, August 10, 1 p.m.
Thursday, August 11, 11 a.m.
Thursday, August 11, 6 p.m.
|August 23 – September 27|
We’ll be offering four virtual info sessions prior to the start of the course. In the info sessions, we’ll cover what to expect, what you need to apply and all that you’ll take away. Interested participants must attend an info session to qualify. You can sign up for an info session here.
- Create a value proposition and cultivate a mindset to identify opportunities
- Design and construct a standard Business & Revenue Model
- Establish clarity around bid-pricing, overhead, and direct and indirect costs for the construction industry
- Enhance business owners’ knowledge on strategic management tools such as the Business Model Canvas, SWOT Analysis and Competitive Analysis
- Provide overview of construction financial management (book keeping, accounting system and payment structure)
Course Format & Timeframe
Goodwill and ASPIRE’s Entrepreneurship training course meets virtually on Tuesdays from 6 – 8 p.m. You’ll join a virtual classroom to learn, practice and apply the skills covered using group exercises and discussions.