- If you’re interested in this program and you live within our service area, fill out our application form then follow the prompts to schedule a virtual appointment.
- If you’re unable to reserve a virtual appointment or would rather meet with one of our team members in person to begin your application process, we also accept walk-ins at all of our career centers.
Customer Service & Sales Training
Goodwill’s Customer Service & Sales Certification training course – which we call “Customer Service & Sales Certified Specialist Training” – is geared toward those who want to be or are already working in customer-facing and/or sales roles in various industries. This online course is comprised of five modules: understanding omni-channel purchase options, understanding the customer life cycle, assessing and meeting customer needs, executing sales and upselling, and building a resume and shining in the interview. We offer this course via both the Goodwill Opportunity Campus in Charlotte and our Career Center in Gastonia.
In Goodwill’s free Customer Service & Sales Certification training course, participants will join a virtual classroom via a student training portal. For all instructor-led sessions, participants will join the virtual classroom via Zoom to practice and apply the skills and techniques covered using group exercises and discussions.
Upcoming Training Dates
Charlotte Location (Virtual)
|Application Period||Info Session||Orientation||Training Dates||Class Time||Exam Date||Delivery|
|March 1 – 29||April 3||April 10||April 17 – May 12||
|April 19 – May 17||May 22||June 5||June 12 – July 7||M, W
6 – 7:30 p.m.
|June 21 – July 19||July 24||August 7||August 14 – September 8||M, W
6 – 7:30 p.m.
|August 2 – 30||September 5||September 11||September 18 – October 13||M, W
6 – 7:30 p.m.
Gastonia Location (Virtual)
|Application Period||Info Session||Orientation||Training Dates||Exam Date||Delivery|
|March 1 – 29||April 3||April 10||April 17 – May 12||May 15||Virtual|
|June 21 – July 19||July 24||August 7||August 14 – September 8||September 11||Virtual|
Goodwill’s Customer Service & Sales Certification training course lasts four weeks (28 total learning hours, which includes instructor-led sessions).
Upon completion of Goodwill’s Customer Service & Sales Certification training course and successfully passing the 90-minute, in-person exam, participants will receive a “Customer Service & Sales Certified Specialist” credential certificate from the National Retail Federation, which is honored for three years. Participants will also receive a certificate of completion from Goodwill University.
Before taking Goodwill’s Customer Service & Sales Certification course, participants must first successfully complete Goodwill’s Customer Service Experience course.
- Wi-Fi for internet access
- A computer/laptop/tablet (a cell phone is not sufficient to access course materials)
- Webcam and microphone to participate in course exercises and discussions
Don’t Have Access to the Above Technology?
- Notify a Goodwill team member upon registration to reserve space at the Goodwill Opportunity Campus to utilize our available technology
- Or click here to get connected with Digital Charlotte, an organization that assists people in Mecklenburg County with signing up for affordable internet service and purchasing affordable technology
Related Career Information
To find out more information about potential careers, trends, wages and benefits for those that complete this course, visit www.onetonline.org.
Job Search Support
As a participant in one of Goodwill’s training courses, you’ll have access to a Career Navigator who can help you with your resume and interview skills. You’ll also have the opportunity to work with our Employer Engagement Team, who can help you find and secure employment.
How to Apply
Still Have Questions?
If you still have questions about our training courses, complete our training inquiry form, and someone on our team will be in touch with you soon!