Every time you stop by one of our stores or donation centers to make a donation or hunt for treasures, you’ve become a volunteer for Goodwill. Without your donations–of time, materials, and financial support–we wouldn’t have been able to help the nearly 15,000 people last year alone who came to Goodwill seeking the skills and resources to find jobs in our community.
But there are many more ways to become involved with our organization, and today in honor of National Volunteer Week, we wanted to share some of them with you!
Here are a few ideas:
- Volunteer with our Youth Job Connection. YJC volunteers help by offering course instruction, assisting instructors, greeting/showing youth to their classrooms, or help youth create resumes.
- Be a mentor in our GoodGuides program, and help at-risk youth finish school, build career plans and skills, and prepare for their futures.
- Volunteer with our Occupational Skills Training program, where volunteers do everything from mock interviews and evaluations to teaching workshops, offering job counseling and mentoring, and serve as job coaches.
- Join our Business Advisory Council, and help us select criteria for our training programs, review applications, interview candidates, and define the coursework for our programs.
- Have a group who wants to get involved? We work with churches, civic groups, schools, scout troops and neighborhood organizations to create donation drives and other community service projects.
Click the links for more details about various ways to volunteer with Goodwill, or click here to fill out a general volunteer application online.