Called “A Unique Opportunity,” the Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Awareness Day event featured guest speaker Mayor Pro Tem Patrick D. Cannon.
Goodwill team members offered presentations, virtual campus tours, information on student financial aid, and planned an expo with representatives or information packets from 15 colleges and universities:
- Hampton University
- S.C. State University
- Elizabeth City State University
- Johnson C. Smith University
- Livingstone College
- Norfolk State University
- Howard University
- West Virginia State University
- N.C. A & T State University
- N.C. Central University
- St. Augustine’s College
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Winston Salem State University
- Alabama A & M University
- Fayetteville State University
A successful afternoon of inspiration and education, the event concluded with a drawing for a door prize: One lucky youth won a complete computer system from our Computer Works store.
We’re looking forward to more great events for local youth in the future!