Volunteering at Goodwill positively impacts our community and helps you gain great experience. There are many professional and personal benefits to volunteering, including opportunities to:
- Expand your network and develop new contacts.
- Learn new and refine existing skills.
- Explore new career paths while learning about the differences between nonprofit, government and other sectors.
- Enhance your resumé as you gain relevant experience.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Mock Interviews: Your time and feedback make a difference. In one mock interview session, a volunteer helps a client build confidence and enhance their presentation of experiences.
- Guest Speakers: Share your path with others. Your stories about projects and experiences can provide clients with in-depth, firsthand industry perspectives that aren’t illustrated online or in textbooks.
- Workshop Facilitators: Your passion for education will spread to others as they learn. Give back by teaching valuable lessons on professionalism, communication, networking, technical skills development and other topics.
- Resource Center Support: Your kindness and customer service will go a long way. Provide hands-on assistance to clients as they search for positions or apply online, make copies, fax materials and much more.
- Youth Services Support: Lead by example and increase opportunities for youth. Your time supporting our Career Leadership Academy for Youth (CLAY) program will help future generations by participating in youth and family-focused events, serving on a career panel and sharing your experience, and/or hosting internships or apprenticeships at your place of business.