Volunteering positively impacts your community while helping you gain great experience. There are many professional and personal benefits to volunteering, including the opportunity to:
- Expand your network and develop new contacts.
- Learn new and refine existing skills.
- Explore new career paths while learning about the differences between nonprofit, government and other sectors.
- Enhance your résumé as you gain relevant experience.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Mock Interviews: With a volunteer’s support, clients increase their confidence and gain valuable interviewing skills that will prepare them for employment.
- Guest Speaker: Volunteers and interns share their career experiences with clients and encourage ideas for future goals.
- Workshop Facilitator: Volunteers and interns teach valuable lessons on financial literacy, networking, technical skills development, and other topics to engage participants.
- Resource Center Support: Volunteers and interns provide hands-on assistance to clients as they search for positions or apply online, make copies, fax materials, and much more.
- Youth Services Support: Volunteers and interns support our Youth Services program by helping them build job skills, set education and career goals, and explore future professional development opportunities.