There are just two days left to donate and receive 2010 tax deductions, and if you’ve already stopped by our stores and attended donation centers to drop off your last trunk-load of the year–thank you! While you’re looking ahead to the new year, consider us when you’re making those New Year’s resolutions: there are lots of ways to be part of Goodwill any time of year.
- Make a financial contribution: Ask if your company can match the gift.
- Remember Goodwill in your estate planning. It’s your life, your legacy.
- Hire a Goodwill graduate. Last year, we placed over 2,850 job seekers into employment. Let us help you pre-screen and find qualified employees.
- Volunteer. Your time and energy play a valuable role in our mission.
- Choose Goodwill when donating your gently-used clothing and household items any time of the year. Proceeds from the sale of those items help fund our job training and employment programs.
- Help protect the environment. Donate your used computers and computer-related items at any of our 30-plus donation sites.
- Host a speaker or take a tour of our facilities, so you too can say, “Wow, I didn’t know Goodwill does all that!”
- Shop in our retail stores. Today’s Goodwill stores feature large open sales floors with an inviting atmosphere, giving you a first-class experience with value prices. Plus, your purchases help fund our services.
- Attend a special event. We would love to have you at grand openings, graduations, promotional events and our annual Cornerstone Celebration.
- Host a a donation drive or fashion show at your business or organization. Our marketing and communications team will be glad to help you plan the event.
Here’s to a brighter future for everyone who comes through the doors at Goodwill–in 2011 and beyond!