Goodwill’s Forklift/OSHA training program is a free five-day course that assists individuals with entry-level employment into the manufacturing, transportation and warehouse industries. The classes at Goodwill, taught by National Safety Council of North Carolina certified instructors, also include an OSHA-10 safety class.
Become Forklift Certified for the Manufacturing, Transportation and Warehouse Industry.
The program provides an overview of OSHA and NIOSH and hands-on instruction in lift truck design, vehicle safety inspection, moving with and without a load, and picking up and stacking a load. Special conditions involving trailers, ramps, elevators, and pedestrian safety are also addressed.
The course utilizes training videos, participant workbooks, and standardized testing for the classroom instruction and a final driving test. Successful class completion results in a three-year renewable NC General Industry Forklift certification and OSHA-10 safety card.
- Course takes only one week
- OSHA-10 hour card
- Delivered by Safety and Health Council of NC certified instructor
- NC General Industry Forklift certification good for three years
- Computer Basics
- Resume Writing
- Lift truck design
- Vehicle safety inspection
- First-hand driving experience
- Moving, lifting and stacking practice
- Trailer, ramp, elevator and pedestrian safety
- Non-operator safety for those who work around lift trucks
- Training setup and equipment
- Résumé development
- Professionalism development
- Interviewing techniques
- Presentation skills
- Networking and career search strategies
COURSE TIME & REGISTRATION DATES:
Classes run Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
|Orientation||Class Begins||Class Ends|
|January 9||January 13|
|February 13||February 17|
|March 20||March 24|
|April 17||April 21|
|May 15||May 19|
|June 12||June 16|
|August 14||August 18|
|September 11||September 15|
|October 16||October 20|
|December 4||December 8|
If registration has passed please check back later by visiting this page &/or call (704) 372-3434 to learn about when future classes will be available.