Volunteers and interns are a powerful resource for Goodwill. Through their contributions of time, talent and expertise, participants in our Champions for Good volunteer program strengthen our mission of changing lives through the power of work.
Your involvement as a Goodwill volunteer will help us expand our community outreach, intensify our advocacy efforts, raise critical dollars to fund our mission, and uphold our reputation as the trusted leader in regional workforce development.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Mock Interviews: With a volunteer’s support, clients increase their confidence and gain valuable interviewing skills that will prepare them for employment.
- Resume Workshops: Volunteers partner with clients to ensure their first line of communication with potential employers best reflects and highlights their skills.
- Guest Speaker: Volunteers and interns share their career experiences with clients and encourage ideas for future goals.
- Workshop Facilitator: Volunteers and interns teach valuable lessons on financial literacy, networking, technical skills development, and other topics to engage participants.
- Resource Center: Volunteers and interns provide hands-on assistance to clients as they search for positions or apply online, make copies, fax materials, and much more.
- Youth Mentor: Volunteers and interns support our Youth Services program by helping them build job skills, set education and career goals, and explore future professional development opportunities.